• Definition of Attributes - Some of you have asked

Definition of Attributes - Some of you have asked

Postby Fr8trainshane » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Some of you have messaged me about what you should progress and how you should spend your XP. I posted this on the MSL long ago, but it wouldn't be a bad time to bring it back up to help you decide how you should progress things.

Attributes and Ratings in Madden Football

These are definitions of Madden attributes, actual implementation is based on the internal programming.

(OVR) Overall - The overall rating of a player depending on key attributes for his position
    (SPD) Speed - The top speed a player can run
    (ACC) Acceleration - How fast a player reaches top speed
    (STR) Strength - The player's strength,
    (AGI) Agility - How fast a player can switch directions and how much space it takes to do so
    (AWR) Awareness - A player's ability to react and adjust
    (CTH) Catching - How well the player can catch
    (CAR) Carrying - How well the player holds onto the football. A higher rating means the less chance of a fumble.
    (THP) Throw Power - How far a player can throw the ball and how fast a thrown ball gets to its target
    (THA) Throw Accuracy - How accurate a player throws, replaced by new attributes of short, medium and deep
    (SAC) Short Accuracy - How accurate a player throws short passes (20 yards or under)
    (MAC) Medium Accuracy How accurate a player throws medium passes (20-40 yards)
    (DAC) Deep Accuracy - How accurate a player throws deep passes (over 40 yards)
    (PAC) Play Action - Determines the play action effectiveness for the QB position
    (RUN) Throw on the run - Accuracy when throwing on the run, rolling out or when feet are not set
    (KPW) Kick Power - A kicker's power
    (KAC) Kick Accuracy - A kicker's accuracy
    (RBK) Run Block - How well a player run blocks, used mainly in simulated games only
    (PBK) Pass Block - How well a player pass blocks, used mainly in simulated games only
    (TAK) Tackle - A player's ability to tackle.
    (JMP) Jumping - The player's ability to jump and how high
    (RET) Return - Skill of the player as a punt or kick returner
    (INJ) Injury - The likelihood of an injury
    (STA) Stamina - The player's stamina level and how soon he will tire
    (TGH) Toughness - A players ability to recover from injuries and the severity of injuries
    (TRK) Trucking - Player's ability to run over a defender attempting a tackle
    (ELU) Elusiveness - Likely the ability to escape tackles (or perhaps sacks)
    (BCV) Ball Carrier Vision - Ability to spot the open field
    (SFA) Stiff Arm - Players ability to stiff arm
    (SPM) Spin Move - Players ability to spin
    (JKM) Juke Move - Players ability with the juke move
    (IBK) Impact Blocking - Blockers ability to make a leveling block in the open field *Pancake Blocks
    * (RBK-STR) Run block strength - how well a player can succeed in locking up a defender while run blocking
    * (RBK-FT) Run block footwork - how well a player can succeed in pushing a defender while run blocking. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap.
    * (PBK-STR) Pass block strength - how well a player performs when the defender is performing power moves against him
    * (PBK-FT) Pass block footwork - how well a player performs when the defender is performing finesse moves against him. Scales the speed of initial moves at the snap

(HP) Hit Power - The strength of the players hit, which can determine the success of a tackle or the possibility of a fumble, and ability to wear out or injure a player being hit
    (PMV) Power Moves - The ability to bull rush, chuck and/or overpower a block
    (FMV) Finesse Moves - The ability to perform swim moves and spins moves against a block
    (BSH) Block Shedding - How well the player can shed a block.
    (PUR) Pursuit - Skill in finding and pursuing the ball carrier and ability to take a direct line of pursuit on a quarterback or ball carrier
    (PRC) Play Recognition - The ability to recognize plays
    (MAN) Man Coverage - Man coverage skills
    (ZONE) Zone Coverage - Zone coverage skills
    (SPC) Spectacular Catch - Abilty to make spectacular catches such as one handed catches
    (CIT) Catch in Traffic - Ability to catch when in coverage or surrounded by defenders
    (RR) Route Running Rating - ability to execute routes and cuts and the speed to execute routes and cuts
    (PRS) Press Rating - ability to maintain a press coverage around the line of scrimmage
    (RLS) Release Rating - Ability to get around or beat press coverage

Legend
    *RED - These are attributes that are no longer in Madden. They were in M12, and while still on some screens, they are currently not being used.
    BLUE - These are attributes that are used ONLY by CPU controlled players. Pursuit does affect how a LB may attack a HB carrying the ball, and how a CPU defender will take a good angle on a receiver after they catch the ball, but it does not affect anything as soon as you switch to that player.

M25 Results
    Alpha Season1: 9-7 (missed playoffs)
    Alpha Season 2: 12-4 (Missed playoffs)
    Alpha Season 3: 10-6 (Missed playoffs) ** League Restarted due to Glitch
    Fr8trainshane
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Re: Definition of Attributes - Some of you have asked

Postby mr.slick » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:39 pm

what about buying the Traits? like consistency, clutch and other stuff...i got a question about the Big Hitter Trait, if ur lbs or safety HP isnt in 90s but more in the 70s ...wat does the big hitter trait do for him? Does he even need more HP if that trait makes him "99" hp?
    mr.slick
    Superbowl MVP

Postby Fr8trainshane » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:27 pm

mr.slick wrote:what about buying the Traits? like consistency, clutch and other stuff...i got a question about the Big Hitter Trait, if ur lbs or safety HP isnt in 90s but more in the 70s ...wat does the big hitter trait do for him? Does he even need more HP if that trait makes him "99" hp?

I'm at work but here are a couple I can think of off the top of my head

The big hitter trait makes the CPU players hit stick on tackles. Not all the time, but it's a greater chance the CPU player will knock the ball free with a hit stick tackle.

It doesn't change the hit power, so if you have a 70 HP with Big hitter you'll hit stick with a 70 HP tackle. If the LB has a 99 HP the CPU will hit stick with a 99 HP tackle

Consistency: How well your player performs to his actual attributes. Players on a cold streak perform with lower than their actual attributes, with higher consistency the cold streak won't affect them as much.

Clutch trait - your player will get a rating boost in the final two minutes of the game if you are tied or losing.

Predictability - Whether or not your player will pull a Revis and try to hold out for more money or decide to test Free agency no matter how much you offer him.

Play Ball in Air - how well the defender acts to the ball when he becomes aware of it in the air. Aggressive players may run underneath the ball and miss the pick/tackle all together. They may also dive and miss putting themselves totally out of the play. Conservative = Better

Swim/Bull Rush etc - Adds those moves to your Finesse/Power Move attribute. Swim/Spin for Finesse guys, Bull Rush for Power Guys. (You can add all 3 to any rusher though)

M25 Results
    Fr8trainshane
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby Child_please4285 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 am

Just wanted to add about the play ball trait .

basically if your guy is on agressive he will jump more routes but he will also bite on double moves and pump fakes. conservative is the exact opposite guy will rarely jump a route but he wont bite on pump fakes and double moves either
    FREE MY NINJA MR.PI
    Child_please4285
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Postby BEASTMODE504 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:02 am

Nice post interesting stuff here
    Madden 25 Superbowl's Won- 9 total
    Madden 15 Superbowl's Won- 0

BEASTMODE504
    1st Round Pick

Postby Child_please4285 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:23 am

conservative Isn't better nothing is better its just what u prefer. In fact the play ball trait never goes away its just a endless loop of aggressive-balanced -conservative -balanced-aggressive so u can set the players how u want
    FREE MY NINJA MR.PI
    Child_please4285
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Postby Fr8trainshane » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:29 am

Once you get to conservative you can't go back to aggressive

M25 Results
    Fr8trainshane
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Postby BloomKing07 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:37 am

"(BCV) Ball Carrier Vision - Ability to spot the open field"

I've heard that your team blocks better and it's "easier" to hit the hole if u are running the ball with a higher BCV player. Not sure if there's any truth to it or not.
    Play The Game The Right Way!
    SIM SHOULD mean something ...
    "Overrated" - I love it!
    Super Bowls
    M15 - ? New Madden, New Commitment, New BloomKing
    M25 - 0
    M13 - 3 (SF - AB'12, DET - 4Cs'13, TEN - SNMFL'13)
    M12 - 2 (SF - 4Cs/AB)
    BloomKing07
    1st Round Pick

Postby Child_please4285 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:06 am

Fr8trainshane wrote:Once you get to conservative you can't go back to aggressive
    on my offline i have many times cause i prefer aggressive.
    FREE MY NINJA MR.PI
    Child_please4285
    Founding Member
    Founding Member

Postby Fr8trainshane » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:33 am

Child_please4285 wrote:
    Fr8trainshane wrote:Once you get to conservative you can't go back to aggressive
    on my offline i have many times cause i prefer aggressive.

Mine always hits conservative and then conservative. And then next one is still conservative. As soon as I get there I can't get back to aggressive.

M25 Results
    Fr8trainshane
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

Next

Return to Archived Seasons